January 29, 2010

Made it to India!

Got into Bangalore just before 2:00am - about 24 hours after leaving Vancouver. My driver as promised was there to greet me and whisk me off to the hotel.. Actually the airport is about an hour away from the hotel so I didn't really feel whisked!

I was pretty tired from travelling for 24 hours without much sleep, but managed to notice that even though the traffic was quite light, for that time of the night at least, my driver had to concentrate on his driving more than answer all of my questions. The drivers (mostly trucks at that time) like to drive in between lanes and about 25% of them did not have any back lights! Did see quite a few of the wild dogs I was warned about roaming around. They actually don't look that wild, just homeless and harmless, but then again I didn't get to close to them.

Have now slept for a bit and am off to go wander. Probably won't wander too far today, just get myself acclimatized to the heat and humidity. The hotel is on the outskirts of an industrial park. There are some shops around which I will go check out and perhaps use the pool and fitness facilities later.

No comments:

Post a Comment