April 6, 2010

Kerala, middle of trip

Well, I have left the Tea plantations - saddly.  I really loved being in the hills and the orderliness of the tea plantations.
Have gone through the rubber tree plantations and the many other spices that are grown in the hills,  Have come down a lot in altitude and into much warmer temperatures.  Am currently sitting by a large lake - Vembanad and will be travelling on in tomorrow via house boat.  I will have to see if I go insane or not just sitting on a boat for 24 hours.  Still have books to read, and I hope if the water looks clean enough, I will get to jump in the lake to go for a swim....

BTW did not get to see any tigers, but not too disapointed as I did see some when I first arrived in India.  Did see some great views of the valleys and even better -  got to see a spectaculare lightning show last night.  It lit up the whole sky and seemed to go on for ever!

Still unable to post any pictures, so can't show you how beautiful it has been, but will do so as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment