February 12, 2010

Olympics

Just watched part of the opening ceremonies live on ESPN. I missed the first hour as it started at 7:30 am here. But, I woke up and turned on the television just as the Canadian athletes were entering the stadium - good timing I think on my part. What I saw was pretty impressive. Looks like there were a few glitches, but overall well done. Will have to see what the critics and reviewers say. I wasn't sure why there was the minute of silence for one of the athletes, but as I now watch the headline news, there is quite a bit of coverage about the luger who died just hours before the start of the games. Pretty tragic.

There are three athletes from India competing at the games in the luge event. So really, the Olympics are not a big deal here. I will be watching what I can on ESPN. For those of you who don't know, In Bangalore, I am 13.5 hour ahead of Vancouver time, so watching live will be a little difficult.

I brought some Olympic t-shirts and wore one to work yesterday to show my support - Go Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment