February 28, 2010

Update - half done

The last day of February - One month done and one month to go!
I am pretty much recovered from my chest infection.  I actually felt mostly OK this past week, each day feeling better than the last.  I still have a slight cough left as a reminder, but I am hoping it will be gone soon.
Nothing too exciting to report over the last week.  Work, the treadmill and watching the Olympics taking  up a majority of my time.  I decided not to do anything too adventurous this weekend and actually had an enjoyable weekend just kind of hanging out.
I was invited to go and watch the Canada/Slovakia hockey game at Mike and Nancy's house which was very nice of them.  The game was not that exciting until the last 5 minutes.  I am a little nervous about the Canada US game - Canada will have to play much better against the States if we are to win gold.  The game was on Saturday morning here and we watched that and then went for a wander around their complex and surounding village.  All the village kids were out waving and saying hi to us as we walked thru the streets.  The temperatures have shot up a bit and it has been in the low to mid 30's everyday.  It is not humid - thank goodness, but still pretty hot to be out walking around.  I can't imagine what it is like in the summer when it is over 40.  

Saturday night I went into the city to see Avitar.  Hadn't seen it yet and one of the guys from the gym asked if I wanted to go just to get out and away from the hotel for a bit.  It was actually better than I expected.  The theaters here are a little different.  You get asigned seating ( and everyone takes forever to find their seat in the semi-dark) and there was actually a 10 minute break in the middle.  They stopped the film and not really in an appropriate spot either!

Today I again watched hockey in the morning.  I caught the last period of Finland and Slovakia in my room after breakfast.  Then hung out at the pool with my book for a large part of the day.  Got back in the pool even though I have a suspicion that is where I got my infection.  Hopefully now I have immunity!  Got chatting with a woman from the UK who just arrived here for the week for work.  We spent an hour or so chatting at  the pool and then agreed to have dinner at the hotel.  It was nice to have some real company for diner other than my book for a change.
Tomorrow is the last day of Olympics!  What am I going to watch on TV?  I actually get like a hundred channels, so maybe I can find something worth watching - although half of them are in Hindu! 

I have been asking about where I should go this up coming weekend.  I think I may try to go away.  Am missing water, so I see a trip to the ocean in my horizon....

No comments:

Post a Comment