February 21, 2010

Sick in India

OK, maybe my outing Saturday was not such a good idea!  I woke up on Sunday and felt like I had been hit by a truck.  My whole body was aching and my lungs felt much worse.  I went down for breakfast and ate a little and then came back to my room where I slept for a couple of more hours!  Just hung out in my hotel room watching Olympic coverage and feeling sorry for myself.  I started to get a little worried as I had no energy and really felt horrible.  No one likes being sick away from home and I am no exception.  I finally gave in and went down to reception to inquire about seeing a doctor.  The staff, as usual were very helpful and they called the hotel doctor.  He was going to come by and see me at 6:00 pm.  I got a call right at 6:00 and he was delayed and would be available at 8:00.
Sure enough, he was there at 8:00.  I told him my story and he checked me out and informed me that as I suspected - I had a chest infection.  He wrote out a prescription for some antibiotics and some other cold remedy stuff.  I wasn't sure how I was going to get all of this stuff, but not to worry, it would all be delivered to my room within the hour!  Well almost an hour later, sure enough my drugs had arrived!  I took a couple of pills and went straight to sleep.  Have decided that getting better is a priority and the thought of going to work today just isn't on.  So will stay here watch more Olympics, read and rest.  Hopfully tomorrow I will be ready to get back in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment